Wednesday, October 2, 2013

All My Nice & Talented Students...

Since I have been kept very busy with my shop Draw Me A Lion as well as teaching classes lately, you might have noticed that I haven't had time for my beloved picture book blog. A bit sad, but what can one do... Today instead of featuring a professional illustrator's work I would like to feature this illustration here made by Cally Thompson, a very fun and talented budding illustrator/past student of mine. She had sent it to me back in the Summer at the end of our class and what do you know, I just stumbled upon it again in the mysterious depths of my hard drive. The illustration features all the different characters she developed for various homework assignments in class. A little character montage so to speak. I feel very special indeed:) Thanks right back to you Cally and in fact a BIG thanks to ALL of my awesome students out there, past and present! How is it that I only ever get such bright and talented and nice folks in my classes? What luck:) 


  1. you remember me. i like you to review my next book. What do u say?

  2. Darn! I just discovered your blog... and It's already concluded... Oh well, there's always the archives!

  3. It was really informative. Your website is useful.
    Many thanks for sharing! Obat vimax

  4. Great post will be very beneficial to people regarding hire a art service.thanks
    childrens book illustrators