Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Elizabeth Gilbert: A new way to think about creativity

I've watched this quite some time ago, but in light of my new dummy book class that will have a lot more about writing in it I thought it would be very good to post.
Interesting idea, even though I don't quite agree with it. But what I do agree with is that you ARE in control of when you can be creative, or when your creativity comes to you. Like Tom Waits said: Can't you see that I'm driving right now?

Then again. Sometimes it DOES just hit you and you have no control over when that might be. Like her example of the poet who could hear the poem coming towards her from over the hills. Then you have to outrun it and grab a paper and a pencil and hope it's not faster than you and finds another writer instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment